Monday, June 6, 2011

Sephora Haul and Initial Impressions

So I made an order from Sephora and it arrived today. I'm gonna run through the stuff I got real quick and give my straight out the box impression. Bear in mind I haven't actually used any of them yet, this is just packaging, smell, and maybe swatch tests.

Body Shop Body Butter Collection - This is a little set of four of their scents: Mango, coconut, shea, and satsuma. I had gotten a pretty good sized sample of the mango and I loved it. I wanted a tub of the mango, and to try some more of their scents, so I ordered the set. They're all packaged cute, with a little bow and whatnot. I opened all of them and sniffed them. The mango, the one I got the sample of, smells aaahhhhh-maaa-zing! So good! It literally smells like mangos. The coconut one, smells like coconut. Shea smells kinda like..... baby powder. The satsuma smells very... tart. Honestly, it smells a little sour. Not the tart kind of sour, the "this is rotting" kind of sour. I suppose it is possible that I got one from a bad batch, but I will never order it again, and will probably never use the pot that I do have. The others are all good, though.

Sephora Collection Sugar Scrub - I needed a scrub to use before the St Tropez stuff I got. I grabbed a basic one because I didn't need anything fancy. I gotta say, this stuff smells amazing. Sweet, tart, and juicy. Like.... a sweetened grapefruit. Can't wait to try it out.

St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse - I chose this one because it had some of the best reviews. I also saw a youtube video showing this stuff in use and it seemed pretty good. I like that it has the color guide in it- that'll make it pretty fool proof. Hopefully.

St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturizer - I grabbed this for in-between days, and days I didn't want to use the mousse.

St Tropez Tan applicator mitt - uhm. I was kinda expecting a bit more for $6. It's essentially a 1/8 inch piece of foam with a thin piece of mesh on the back. It's not even sewn on there. It's like it was heated so it would melt on.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be using the St Tropez items over the next week- I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment