Monday, May 16, 2011

Vampire Diaries chenille blanket

This Pier1 chenille blanket is used in an episode of The Vampire Diaries. It's on clearance at pier1 stores for only 10 dollars, so I decided to grab one. Pier1 has an online catalog, but you can't order online, you have to go in to a store. You can't even order over the phone. But, luckily, I talked with a super nice woman at the store closest to me(which was like, three hours away) and she took into consideration me being military and it would have been a three hour drive for a clearance item, and she took the order over the phone and shopped it straight to me! yay!

Anywho.... the blanket arrived a few days ago, and it is just amazing. It's 50"W x 60"H, so kinda big, and super, super soft. It's fairly warm- not hot enough for a winter night, but not so cold it feels like nothing. It makes a nice little throw, or wrap for days when you're just lounging around. It has been shedding a little bit, but I think that's just because it's new and hasn't been cleaned yet. And my nightshirt is white, so the little red bits show up really well.

Only downside I can think of is that it has to be dry cleaned. I have a feeling that if I ignored that tag and washed it normal, that it would just fall apart. I don't get... any of my laundry dry cleaned, so I have no idea how much it'll cost.

I totally recommend picking it up at your local pier1 if they've still got it. It's a really nice blanket, very "rich" feeling, and at 10 dollars, it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment