Friday, March 18, 2011

Stocking up, and trying new things.

So I made another order from LUSH. I stocked up on a couple of the basics, things I just love- Honey I washed the kids Bar Soap and Jungle Conditioner.

I also grabbed a couple new things to try out. Since Schnuggle didn't work out so well, I was a bit doubtful of the body bars. But, I decided to try an give another one a shot. I got a bar of King of Skin to try. First out of the box impression- it's massive. Larger than the round shampoo and conditioner tins, and also a bit too large to fit comfortably in the soap tins. The smell if very... clean. A little bit of a powdery smell. I rubbed a bit on the back of my hand, and it certainly does seem to moisturize.

Next up is Double Choc lip tint. On the webpage, the pictures show a nice, deep pink color. When I opened it, it was brown. Not a little bit. But a solid brown, and smells like chocolate. Well, more like cocoa. Simply delicious. Despite the color, I decided to give it a shot. After a bit of a workout to break through the initial solid layer on top, I was able to get to the meat and potatoes of the product. The color presented with a very nice sheer tint, just slightly darkening the lips. The darkening was did not cause my lips to become red, red, but instead just darkened the natural color a bit. It also provided a small bit of a sheen. All in all, very nice, and it has a good possibility of becoming a staple.

Finally is Honey Trap lip balm. I've tried LUSH's tints and really like them, so I decided to try a balm. The tints, while they provide excellent color, don't really meet my expectations in the moisture department. The color in the pot is a clear/white color. It smells a bit honey-ish, and a bit minty. Thus far, it provides decent  moisture. The texture is nice and smooth, and application is easy. Lips are left soft, and not overly "goopy", although you can feel the product a bit.

Oh, right. and I grabbed their perfume sampler. Soooo NOT impressed. One of them leaked a wee bit, and the smell of that one is sooo overwhelming that I can't really bring myself to try them. Maybe I'll try giving them away or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment