Friday, September 16, 2011

Lots of news! Birchbox, haul, and an awesome stilla sale!


Oh my gosh, It has been absolutely Forever since I last wrote- I'm so sorry!
But to make up for it, I have a superlong post today, covering my most recent birchbox, and a recent sephora haul.

Before I get into all that, I have some great news. I wanted to share a couple sales that I took advantage of, and that are still going on at sephora.
Stilla Lipglazes! I love them, absolutely love them. They just feel so creamy on the lips and the applicator is awesome. Normally, they run $22.00 for 0.08 fl oz. That's just one. But right now, sephora.com has a couple awesome sales going on! There are two sets of stilla lipglazes that are selling for a fraction of what they're worth. The glazes in the sets are only 0.05 fl oz, but the difference is barely noticeable. It's still a good amount of product, with awesome prices!
1- Stilla Lip Glaze Trio This one has three colors: Grapefruit, seashell, and raisin. All three for only $12.00.
2- Stilla Lip Glaze Set This one has eight colors: kitten, kaleidoscope, apricot, grapefruit, fantasy, starfruit, dreamy, believe. All eight shades are only $25.00.
(Swatches below!)

If you want to make your gloss collection bigger, or want to start getting gifts for the holidays, those sets are a great way to go! (I am still just so excited about those sales, you don't even know.)

Moving on.




September Birchbox
Last month's box was. Well, I don't even remember. No, wait, that's wrong. There was one thing I loved. I'll be reviewing that later, though.
This months box, I've really enjoyed. I might even be making my first purchase from birchbox once one of my samples runs out. Anyhow, here is what I got this month:

Incoco Nail Polish strips "We all have a wild side. Eye-catching nail strips are the latest trend-try them on your fingers of toes."
I've seen these in blogs, videos, and the store, but just haven't actually gone out and gotten any. No disrespect, but I love the self pampering involved in sitting down and painting my nails with a bottle and brush. I haven't tried the ones they gave me yet (they're bright sparkly blue!) but I'll be sure to leave a review when I do.

Polished Jouer lip enhancer "Why settle for plain 'ol lip balm when you can hydrate, plump, and condition all in one go? Right, we thought so."
Oh, mi, gosh. I love this stuff. It's amazing. It comes out of the little tube a bit thick, almost like a cream, but when you smooth it on your lips, it's like pure water. It spreads so well, and leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated. It's not sticky, I meant what I said about pure water- there is no stickiness at all. When the just applied feeling fades, your lips still feel hydrated, not parched. There's not much color from it, barely a "bitten" look. It's more of a flushed color. For a balm, it's fine. I'm not really looking for color from a balm anyways.
The only downside, for me, is the smell. This has a very rose smell. I'm more of a sweet fruity person, but this balm is so amazing, I still plan on purchasing it, smell and all. Oh, it doesn't taste good when you lick your lips either, but I guess that's a good way to break that habit.

Eco-Minded LIV GRN perfume "Made from sustainable infredients, this sultry scent is laced with jasmine and sandalwood. Plus, ten percent of sales go directly to Global Green, an enviromental non-profit"
This is just so yummy smelling. Sweet, without smelling too young. I like it, but I'm not so good at describing scents beyond "mmmmmmmmm"

Balanced Pangea Organics Facial Cream "An all-natural moisturizer, with antioxidant-rich grape extracts and essential oils, keeps skin both hydrated and shine-free."
I haven't tried this yet. I opened it and smelled it and, quite frankly, got scared. It has an incredibly sharp smell. it's a natural smell, but very sharp. I'm concerned about my face smelling like that all day.

Treat Birchbox Friendship Bracelet
A string bracelet with the birchbox square for a charm.



Sephora haul
I haven't gone to, or ordered from sephora in awhile. Like, a month. So I was feeling a little tinge of withdrawal and had to take care of that. I went online, a grabbed a few things.

First up- Stilla Lipglazes. I talked about them earlier, so I'm not going to go too much into them again, other than to tout the sales some more and to link swatches. Seriously, go get these sets. Eleven glazes for less than the price of two. How amazing is that?! And here are the swatches. You're gonna notice that there are only ten colors swatched, that's cause if you get both sets, you get grapefruit twice. but that's ok, cause it's an awesome color.
My arm smells AMAZING right now.

Second- This has been on my wishlist for awhile, but I just haven't gotten around to it till now. Nars Nail Polish in Orgasm All their other Orgasm products are amazing, so I've wanted to get the polish. Now I've got it and I can't wait to use it. It's such a beautiful color- a light pinky peach with gold shimmer... I can't wait to wear it. It's my first NARS nail polish, I'm hoping their formula is are great as the color.

I grabbed a couple more glosses as well. These two are from Philosophy.
Kiss Me SPF 20 This one I grabbed for the SPF. The color in the tube looks pretty crazy- a bright red/pink with a hint of purple.
Melon Daiquiri This one.... it just sounded so yummy. In the tube it's a light pinky peach with some shimmer... I actually just held it up next to the orgasm polish, it's almost a match. On the skin... Not so much. You can see the shimmer, but there's no color. Upside, it smells amazing. Just like a melon.

Last up- I saw a ton of reviews, and videos and blogs about this, so I wanted to grab it and try it out for myself. Hourglass Film Noir Lash Laquer I have no idea is this stuff will be awesome or not. I'll post up a review once I try it.



...Such a long post. I'll try not to let it be so long next time. Also, when/if I get enough followers(50!) I'm going to put together a giveaway. Super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment