Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July Birchbox

I've been getting birchboxes for a few months now. I initially considered doing video's.... but I don't have the equipment and I'm not particularly photogenic. So instead, I'm going to write mine up with pictures and links and initial impressions of the products.

For those who don't know- Birchbox is amazing. What they do is send you a box full of deluxe sized samples for a mere $10.00 a month. You subscribe, fill out a beauty profile and wait for your boxes. It's a flat $10.00, no shipping/handling fee's tacked on top of it. In the beauty profile, you list things that you like, categories of products that you're interested that determine what you receive. And the samples? They're not itty bitty little things. These are deluxe samples, and more often than not, the samples received in the Birchboxes outvalue the subscription fee. More than once, I've gotten a "sample" which is actually a full sized product.
Birchbox is more than a subscription, though. On their website, they sell full sized versions of all the products in the birchboxes.
If you're not yet a Birchbox member, you should really check them out and consider joining. It's a great program.

Ok! So my July Birchbox. I am so excited about it. I think this is the birchbox I've been the most thrilled to receive so far. I got a bunch of stuff that I know I'll be using, without a doubt. This months birchbox was put together by Cynthia Rowley. She shares a bunch of her favorite products with this box. Below I'm gonna list the items as they appear on the birchbox card, with their descriptions, and then make comments of my own.

  • AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream - Loaded with Dead Sea minerals, this fast-absorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue.
This product I think I am the most excited about. I've been seeing a lot of beauty gurus raving about it, but just hadn't gotten around to buying it. Well! Now I have a sample of it that is 0.58fl.oz and I am loving it. It was the first item I grabbed from the box, I tried it right away, and I am loving it. It comes out the tube a bit thick, but to smooths down and spreads out so quickly. It sinks into the skin, leaving them super soft and moisturized. I know the description says no residue, but I did find that there was.. not really residue,  not really a film, but there was something left on the hands for a few minutes. It kind of made my hands a little shiney, but that faded really fast. It smells a bit like baby powder, but a slightly floral baby powder. Not unpleasant, not overpowering. It's not really my smell(I prefer fruity) but it's really subtle, so I don't mind it.
This cream immediately replaced the lotion I had in my pocket, and I'll probably be buying a fullsize when this runs out, which will take awhile, because I only need to use the littlest amount.

This sample I wasn't so excited about. I already have a sample of it from sephora. It didn't work with my skin and ended up breaking me out. Not saying it's a bad product, just didn't work for me.

  • Redken shine flash 02 - A must for all Cynthia's runway shows, this weighless spray gives hair a brilliant finish.
I haven't used this yet, so nothing to say here.

I've been hearing about zoya for awhile, but didn't have any of them in my polish collection. Now I do! This color is really pretty, and described really accurately as a creamy, slightly metallic nude. I did try it on one nail and it went on really smooth. Can't wait to wear it. The only thing I'm wistful about with this, is I was hoping for a nice wide, flat brush, like opi does. I just love those brushes. This brush was normal though.

  • KIND Almost & Apricot - Snack right with this wholesome bar- no preservatives or hard-to-pronounce ingredients.
I've had bars by this brand before and they're pretty decent. It's not your average "this is stuff thats been run through a blender and squished into a bar shape" type of bar. This bar is essentially ingredients -nuts, berries, grains- stuck together with... I dunno. Something sticky. Honey, I think. It's like trail mix in a bar shape. It's all very simple, and very tasty. A good snack to have around.

And that's my July Birchbox! If you got a birchbox and blogged or video'd it, go ahead and link it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment